Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Scream You Scream we all Scream for Nommy Ice Cream!! (No Ice Cream Maker Required)

Yes... I said it... ICE CREAM.  I had a big heaping bowl of chocolate... hubby had some strawberry... and my kids are currently thanking me over and over and over and over for their vanilla... :-D  Score one mom!!   AND I DO NOT OWN AN ICE CREAM MACHINE!!

I'll start by telling you the numbers because you are just not going to believe this... ready?

Are you sure you're ready??

Positive??

Are you sitting down??

Ok here it is:
Calories: 250
Fat: 1.5
Protein: 53
Carbs: 13


YES I SAID 53grams OF PROTEIN!!!!!

Ok here's the secret- make your protein shake... there are HUNDREDS of recipes online... the numbers will change if you change the recipe, but you CAN change it... just take the numbers from that shake.... here is my recipe...

4oz of egg whites
4oz skim milk
1 scoop of whey (any flavor will work... I used chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla)

Put it in the blender or a shaker cup and blend it all up then pour it in a small ziplock bag.

Fill a large ziplock bag 2/3 of the way full of ice and 1/2 cup of table salt- not rock salt- TABLE salt.

Put the small bag into the large bag... grab some pot holders so your hands don't freeze and start shaking.  Shake for about 3-5 minutes or until the ice cream reaches the consistency you want... pour into a bowl and serve.  :-D

As always... have a Nom Nom Nommy Day!!



1 comment: