Saturday, June 2, 2012

Nommy Breakfast Your Kids Won't Know is Healthy!!

I don't know about you, but I have the worst time getting my kids to eat healthy... this last year has been a constant struggle of trying to make sure that their nutritional intake is up to par... and it is a CHORE.  I found a waffle recipe that takes about 30 minutes to prepare plus the 20 it takes to make each waffle... it was healthy enough, but not great.  I eat protein pancakes for breakfast, but didn't think there was anyway my kids would eat them because they are SO HEALTHY!!  So a few days ago I was sitting down eating my protein pancakes  when my daughter said "That smells good..."  I said "Thanks!  Want to try a bite?"  She said yes and that led to 2 of my other sons trying it as well (the baby is too young for pancakes :-)) They LOVED them... so lately I've been making them... my 3 year old isn't a huge fan of the whole pancake, but he's a big egg eater so that's ok... my older 2, who are my nutritionally challenged picky eaters, absolutely adore them!!  Here's the recipe:

Protein Pancakes:
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
3 TBS splenda
3 tsp cinnamon (to taste)

Whisk together and put into a pan.  Cook just like a regular pancake.

My son likes PB on top of his and my daughter eats honey or sugar free syrup... confession- I sometimes put Nutella on mine ;-)  Berries are also a great option!!  Honestly though- these are great without any toppings!!

Numbers for the Pancake alone with no toppings:
Calories: 215
Fat: 2
Carbs: 10
Protein: 41

Have a Nom Nom Nommy Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment